An online ordering POS system is essential for any restaurant. If it doesn’t already have an online ordering solution, your restaurant needs one now. The statistics gathered by Upserve tell the story:
- 60% of U.S. consumers order delivery or takeout once a week.
- Digital ordering and delivery have grown 300% faster than dine-in traffic since 2014.
- 60% of restaurant operates say that offering delivery has generated incremental sales.
The behavior of millennials illustrates how much the landscape is changing. 59% of their orders are for takeout or delivery. What is their reason? Convenience and lack of time to cook in the home top their list. As a result, It stands to reason that as younger generations enter the marketplace, they will follow this trend and exceed it. So, your restaurant needs an online ordering POS system.
What makes a great Online Ordering POS System?
If an online ordering POS system is going to help you and not cause you headaches, it should include the following qualities:
- Integrate with your POS – there’s nothing more frustrating than managing two separate POS systems for one restaurant. An order placed on your online platform should transfer directly to your order queue and show up on your kitchen displays.
- Automatically sync your menu – you should always avoid redundant effort, and updating the menu on your In-house POS and Online POS is no exception.
- Provide an intuitive, easy-to-use interface – never frustrate your customers with a convoluted menu and a hard-to-use online menu.
- Facilitate curb-side to-go, delivery, and dine-in orders – it’s always good to give your customers options.
Which System is right for you?
Choosing an Online Ordering POS System is a challenge. There are many options on the market. Our preference is Focus POS. It packs all the advanced features and integrations you need in a hybrid solution.